These Pea, Mint and Feta Pancakes are perfect for babies and infants who are learning to self feed. They are quick and easy to make and are delicious warm or cold so make a great snack or meal when you're out and about. Trying to get your little one to eat more vegetables or legumes can be a challenge, but these pancakes taste and look delicious and even the fussiest little ones tend to enjoy them.
Pea, Mint and Feta Pancakes Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Makes: approx. 12-15 mini pikelets (mini pancakes)
- Ingredients: 1 cup of peas, 2-3 mint leaves, 25g feta, 1 egg, 1 cup self raising flour, 3/4 cup milk, 25g melted butter
- Put peas (frozen or fresh) into the Babycook steamer basket
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 2 and press the steam button.
- When it has finished cooking, remove the steamer basket and discard the cooking liquid.
- Combine egg, flour, milk, butter, mint and half of the cooked peas into the Babycook mixing bowl. Blend until mixed. Stir through the other half of the peas with the spatula to leave chunky. (Or blend all of the peas if you prefer a smoother texture).
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Melt a small amount of butter or cover pan with spray cooking oil
- Pour small pancakes of about 10cm in size
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.
- Serve with some feta on top for a bit of extra flavour.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Many children will enjoy eating these pancakes without the feta on top as well. If serving to adults, a little bit of smoked salmon with the feta is also delicious!