In this recipe, broccoli stems are combined with the florets for a simple and nutritious puree. Broccoli is a great source of vitamins A, K and C, and high in fibre but is often left until around 8 months old to be introduced as it can cause gas for young digestive systems.
Broccoli Puree Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month olds
- Preparation time: 1 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 2 cups of broccoli (including florets and stem)
- Peel the broccoli stems and then chop into cubes of approximately 1cm in size.
- Roughly chop the florets.Place all of the broccoli into the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Pour water into the tank (level 3) and start the cooking process.
- When the vegetables are cooked, put it in the blending bowl, retaining the cooking liquid.
- Blend adding small amounts of cooking liquid at a time, until desired consistency has been reached.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Once introduced and tolerated by your baby, mix this broccoli puree with that of another food that has already been introduced such as potato or cauliflower.