The perfect Baby Led Weaning (BLW) meal, or great for toddlers, these finger foods are packed with protein and veggies to help keep your little one feeling full for longer. For a complete meal, serve several to your child or keep some on hand for a snack when needed! Why not make a whole batch, freeze and then pop them in the oven for 10 minutes to serve when entertaining your child's friends, or for a quick meal when you're short on time.
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g beef mince, ¼ onion, ½ garlic clove, ½ carrot, 75g broccoli, pinch thyme, 200g potato mash, 1 cup breadcrumbs, 25g parmesan cheese
- Peel and slice onion, carrot, broccoli into 1cm cubes.
- Peel and crush garlic.
- Place beef, carrot, onion, broccoli, garlic and thyme in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, place into the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Mix into a thick puree, adding some cooking liquid if needed.
- Take 200g potato mash or prepare (see recipe) and place into a bowl. Add the beef and veggie mix and stir through. Allow to cool.
- Place breadcrumbs and finely grated parmesan into a separate dish and gently mix.
- Form mixture into 10-12 croquettes and roll in the breadcrumb and parmesan mix. Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to eat, place croquettes in an oven heated to 200 degrees Celsius for approx. 15 minutes or until golden brown. Alternatively, cook by shallow frying in a pan on the stove.
Et voila, bon appétit!
As this makes enough for several meals, you may freeze once rolled. When ready to eat, defrost and oven bake/shallow fry according to final step of instructions.